Thursday, December 11, 2008

Poplar Bluff, Missouri


Last Friday, December 5, my family and I traveled to Poplar Bluff, Missouri. Our first stop was at Hasting's Books (above) where we met up with Jamie Billings and her mom. Here, we spoke about the Civil War, and I signed some books. We also had the pleasure of meeting another author who was having a book signing there. Then, we stopped by Eugene Fields Elementary and spoke to the kids about the war. Jamie did an excellent job sharing about the women's role during the war, and the kids all seemed to have a good time. The kids really enjoyed seeing Jamie's hoop-skirt, that she made herself, and hearing the fife and drum.

Here we are in the gymnasium at Eugene Fields.

Jamie talking to the students . . .
. . . and me.


I want to thank the school principal, Jan Arnold, for setting up this event. Also, my appreciation goes to all the teachers, especially the PE teacher who leant us her class time.

2 comments:

aManAmongThem said...

Man, Bryce! Thats neat that you are giving all these talks and demonstrations! I'll bet you're having fun.

Talk to you later,
Barley

Anonymous said...

Looking at some of your old posts as I meant to do( jamie B. told me to do so a long time ago).This looked like a neat event.