Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pictured above are some of the students I spoke to at Veritas Christian School in Germantown, Tennessee. Here on Monday, May 12, I gave the presentation on the drummer boy, and also my "If My People" speech on the similarities of the War Between the States and the Revolutionary War. To read this essay/speech, click here. It was a blast to see the kids so interested in the histroy that, around our house, we usually take for granted.


On Thursday, I visited the Somerville campus of Veritas Christian Schools. Some kids dressed up on both campuses as part of a "History Mystery" class. Pictured above is a young impersonator of George Washington.



The "Assembly" is the drum call that let soldiers know they were to form ranks.



For the kids, I demonstrated how to load a musket like they did during the war.

No comments: