Sunday, May 18, 2008

Saturday, April 26---I became a drummer boy at the Germantown Regional History and Genealogy Center in a performance that the kids and adults seemed to enjoy immensely. I demonstrated the life of a drummer boy, then told how Stonewall and many other soldiers could defy death on the battlefield. General Jackson said, "God has affixed the time for my death and I do not concern myself about that---but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me." The soldier on the left, Rick Cohen, a member of the Tennessee Genealogical Society, also gave a talk about the soldier's life during the war.


Me as the drummer boy.



Jennifer Baker was very hospitable at the Germantown Regional History and
Genealogy Center.



Also on Saturday, I visited Just Kidz Books in Bartlett. Phillip and Lori Mashburn went over and above in making me feel at home here. Thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality! Lori is pictured in the blue shirt.

No comments: