Saturday, May 1, 2010

Upcoming Events


The Orphan and His Golden Bars is at press! After much sweat and toil, I am pleased to announce that the continuing story of Roger Mills the drummer boy will soon be available for sale. Thank you all for your patience in waiting for this project, and I hope you enjoy it!

  I also hope to see you at the Searcy Homeschool Conference on May 14 and 15 at the Harding University Campus in Searcy, Arkansas. We will have a booth set up in the vendor area where I will be available to sign books. Also, I will speak at 9:30am on the drummer boy, and again at 2:15pm on "A Passion for Christ," where I talk about my writing experiences and how young people can discover their calling and follow the Lord.

We have two more events this month. I will speak at the BWC 4-H Club meeting in Memphis, and the Education Alliance Homeschool Conference in Springdale, Arkansas on May 14th and 15th. See you there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited about your new book. I bought your other books a few years ago since Jamie told me about them.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you. "The Orphan and His Golden Bars" is actually available now. You can find more info at www.SouthernCadencePress.com. I just haven't had a chance to update my blog, which I will do soon.

Did I meet you at the St. Louis conference a couple years ago? I'm glad you liked my first two books. Jamie was a big help with ironing out the wrinkles in The Orphan book.

Bryce

Anonymous said...

I want to get your book some day but at our last home school conference I picked up a book called Forever The Cause: The Life and Legacy of Confederate Colonel Robert M. Powell, 5th Texas Infantry
By Robert E. Reichardt, so must wait to get yours . I was able to speak to the authors wife who lives in St. Louis!

A little about the book from the Lulu blurb
× Colonel R. M. Powell was a remarkable man from a remarkable era in American history. From his Alabama beginnings to his final days in St. Louis, his life took many twists and turns. Even so, we find the constant theme in his lifetime was the rightness of the Confederacy. The work contains 23 photos and maps, with one appendix of an Appomattox surrender newspaper article Colonel Powell wrote in 1886, and another with the roster of Company D, 5th Texas Infantry Regiment. “Bob Reichardt has composed a splendid biography of Colonel Robert Powell, commander of one of the most famous of Texas regiments ever to serve in the Civil War. The book not only documents his service during that conflict but also his devotion to family and friends, the disturbing consequences of Reconstruction, and Powell's everlasting commitment to the honor of service to his native state.” - John Heiser, Historian, Gettysburg NMP.

It is sold at www.lulu.com.

Yes you saw me at the St Louis confrence a few years ago. As of last year we have had a civl war table ( Civil »War and more). I often think of Jamie when I read your book and I have not seen her in a while. I am looking forward to next years conference as it will have a Civil war theme.

V.B